Scaffold Safety: Site Safety Inspections for Façade Alterations
The Scaffold Safety Team will conduct routine safety inspections for façade alterations requiring site safety compliance. The BEST Squad is no longer responsible for conducting these inspections.
The Scaffold Safety Team will also inspect:
- Requests to remove sidewalk sheds; and
- Requests to remove projects from the Site Safety Program (SSP) after work has been completed.
Email removal requests for Site Safety façade jobs only to email@example.com.
Site Safety Plan (SSP) Submission/Façade Alteration: New Filing Option for Professional Applicants
Professional applicants have the option to file a Site Safety Plan (SSP) for typical façade alterations (restorations) as a Professionally Certified Alteration Type-3 (A3). Non-professional applicants will continue to submit filings to the BEST Squad for review.
- The Professionally Certified A3 must be filed by a registered design professional, architect, or engineer.
- Any of the existing filing protocols (eFiling, Hub Self-Service, etc.) may be used.
- Professionally Certified A3 filings will not be subject to review by BEST Squad.
- All standard fees applicable to an A3 filing will apply.
- Plan content and format shall be in accordance with all applicable sections of Title 28 of the Administrative Code, Chapter 33 of the New York City Building Code, and with the related rules and regulations of the Department of Buildings.
- Random audits of SSP A3 applications will review content.
- Questions related to the content of SSPs or about this notice are to be directed to the Chief Plan Examiner of the BEST Squad.